Half Day Manual Handling Course
This course is aimed at all employees who undertake manual handling operations. Managers and supervisors of employees are also encouraged to attend this course to gain an understanding of good manual handling practice and an awareness of employer responsibilities.
Delegates will be informally assessed throughout the course. On completion of the course delegates will be provided with an attendance certificate outlining the competencies taught in accordance with the Manual Handling Operations Regulations 1992.
The course will cover the following content:
- An overview of the anatomy of the lumbar spine
- Injuries associated with manual handling
- Principles of safe lifting and carrying
- Measuring and controlling risk
- Team handling techniques
- The practical issues of manual handling
- Manual Handling Operations Regulations
On completion of this occupational health and safety training course, delegates will be able to:
- Outline the hazards and risks associated with manual handling activities
- Outline measures to reduce the risks
- Demonstrate application of good posture, together with safe lifting principles in a range of practical scenarios
This course is designed to be delivered at the client workplace (max of 12 delegates per course). Courses typically last 3 to 4 hours, depending on the number of delegates. In the case of high risk or specialist requirement groups whole day sessions can also be arranged.
Cost will be dependent on the venue location and the number of delegates booked onto the course. Please contact the training department to discuss your requirements or for further information.